Legal Drafting Seminars
We specialise in seminars and workshops on the techniques for drafting legal documents that are both reader-friendly and legally precise.
We tailor our seminars to the needs of the particular client.
We can design seminars for large and small groups, for one hour, for several hours, or for a whole day.
Typical seminar content
- What is the aim of the document?
- Planning the document: who is my audience?
- First things first
- Order of provisions
- Grouping related material
- What is the ideal structure?
- Where is the key information?
- Form of the document: "agreement" vs "deed"
- Consistency of terminology
- Tables, plans, graphs, flow-charts and formulae
- Avoiding ambiguity — some tips
- Key principles of interpretation
- Plain English techniques: some reminders.